martin rudalics wrote: > This patch doesn't apply here (on top of the two previous ones). Odd, the copy I received via the list is identical to what I sent, and it applies here. The copy archived here: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2017-11/txtI3snHdSqSz.txt has ">" prepended to the first "From " line and censors my email address, which I think is normal for lists.gnu.org; it has no other changes. Anyway, I'm attaching the patch again, this time with a ".txt" extension instead of a ".patch" extension; sometimes that helps.