all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* indent-region deletes most of region: where to start?
@ 2012-07-11 17:13 Jonathan Eisenhamer
From: Jonathan Eisenhamer @ 2012-07-11 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Greetings,

This is a "where to start" question.  The situation is as follows:

Issue: indent-region() deletes much of the region. It is clear that there is some point in the file that triggers some failure where, depending on whether mark was placed at the beginning or end of region, will delete from the trigger point to mark.

This is something related to v.24 of Emacs. The same file, sourcing the same startup scripts in v.23 works fine.

The reason I ask "where to start" or "who should I ask first about this" is because of the complicated mode setup the file is being edited in.

The file is a PHP file, and the mode list is (XHMTL yas Multi-Web).

If I am following things, it looks like the actual function being called is the built-in sgml-indent-line()

So, to who or to where should I go from here?

jde

* Re: indent-region deletes most of region: where to start?
@ 2012-07-11 17:44 Dmitry Gutov
From: Dmitry Gutov @ 2012-07-11 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: eisenham; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Jonathan Eisenhamer <eisenham@stsci.edu> writes:
 > This is a "where to start" question. The situation is as follows:
 >
 > Issue: indent-region() deletes much of the region. It is clear that
there is
 > some point in the file that triggers some failure where, depending on
whether
 > mark was placed at the beginning or end of region, will delete from
the trigger
 > point to mark.
 >
 > This is something related to v.24 of Emacs. The same file, sourcing
the same
 > startup scripts in v.23 works fine.
 >
 > The reason I ask "where to start" or "who should I ask first about
this" is
 > because of the complicated mode setup the file is being edited in.
 >
 > The file is a PHP file, and the mode list is (XHMTL yas Multi-Web).

That's called the mode line. To look at the list of currently active
modes, press 'C-h m', or 'M-x descrobe-mode'.

Here, probably: https://github.com/fgallina/multi-web-mode/issues