all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* semantic and rebovination
@ 2003-12-01 20:01 Kevin VW
From: Kevin VW @ 2003-12-01 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently installed the latest cedet and ECB on my cygwin build of
emacs version 21.2.1. I find that semantic is "rebovinating" very
often, i.e. after about 0.5 secs of idle time. This is annoying to me.
Changing the Semantic Auto Parse Idle Time doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to change the rebovination frequency or idle
time?

* Re: semantic and rebovination
@ 2003-12-02 14:55 ` Eric Ludlam
From: Eric Ludlam @ 2003-12-02 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> k.junk@verizon.net (Kevin VW) seems to think that:
>I recently installed the latest cedet and ECB on my cygwin build of
>emacs version 21.2.1. I find that semantic is "rebovinating" very
>often, i.e. after about 0.5 secs of idle time. This is annoying to me.
>Changing the Semantic Auto Parse Idle Time doesn't help.
>
>Does anyone know how to change the rebovination frequency or idle
>time?

For cedet 1.0 beta, there is a bug that links the eldoc help display
to reparsing the buffer.  If you disable eldoc, then it will stop
reparsiing so frequently.

Eric

--
Eric Ludlam             "Photonic Doodler"    The MathWorks x 7556
eludlam@mathworks.com         (work)        http://www.mathworks.com