Hi All,  It took a fair bit of digging, but sub-pixel anti-aliasing on pgtk now seems to work correctly. The problem lies with the "source" operator set by pgtk when drawing a font, this will take a particular execution path in the cairo glyph compositor (using a mask image) which converts the colors created by freetype for the sub pixel effect to greys-cale. Using the default "over" operator takes a different path which preserves the colors. Note that on small screens the difference between sub-pixel and grey-scale rendering is hard to see, it's more pronounced on larger displays) I've amended my gsettings patch with this change, only replacing the operator for anti-aliased fonts in ftcrfont_draw, because I'm not sure about its impact for non-anti-aliased fonts.    I've also fixed the indent error, but couldn't find the non-breaking space in the patch, it's perhaps caused by the mail program. Regarding the copyright assignment, I've had no response after sending in the questionnaire at https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/plain/doc/Copyright/request-assign.future to assign@gnu.org Do you get sent a paper form of some kind which has to be filled in? (I'm not at my home address atm so I will have missed that) Kind Regards, Pieter On Fri, 2022-04-01 at 10:00 +0800, Po Lu wrote: > Pieter van Prooijen writes: > > > Hi All, > > > > Thanks for the review, I've updated the commit message and other > > changes you mentioned in the attached patch (against > > c5af19cba5924de89a38e7a177c07f42fd3cd543) > > > > I've requested the form for the copyright assignment, but have not > > received it yet, will send it in as soon as it arrives. > > > > No progress yet on the problem with subpixel antialiasing, but it > > doesn't look like a fontconfig issue, as a non-pgtk build from the > > same > > source works correctly, will have to dig deeper to find out what is > > happening. > > Thanks. > > > > > +   on the result.  */ > > Hmm... Is there an actual non-breaking space character here, or is your > MUA munging the messages? > > > +  if (dpyinfo_valid (first_dpyinfo)) > > +      store_config_changed_event (Qfont_render, > > +                                  XCAR (first_dpyinfo- > > >name_list_element)); > > You got the indentation wrong here.  The "s" in > "store_config_changed_event" should be two spaces behind where it is > now. > > Otherwise, LGTM.  Hopefully the copyright paperwork can be finished > soon.