all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-13  8:07 ` Noufal Ibrahim
From: Noufal Ibrahim @ 2003-11-13  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

vAm <vamsee_k@students.iiit.net> writes:

> hi,
> 	I've followed the instructions given. HTML helper mode is
> working but it's not highlighting(no colors) the tags. What could be
> the possible problem. The code I've added to my .emacs is

[...]

You'll need something like this in your .emacs to turn on the syntax
highlighting (called font locking in emacs)

(global-font-lock-mode t)

--
~noufal

It is a profitable thing, if one is wise, to seem foolish.
		-- Aeschylus

* HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-13  8:10 vAm
From: vAm @ 2003-11-13  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,
	I've followed the instructions given. HTML helper mode is working but
it's not highlighting(no colors) the tags. What could be the possible
problem. The code I've added to my .emacs is

(setq load-path (cons
"/home/krishna/html-helper-mode/"
load-path))
(autoload 'html-helper-mode "html-helper-mode" "Yay HTML" t)
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\.html$" . html-helper-mode)
auto-mode-alist))

I've no idea what this means. I don't know LISP and I've been using
Emacs for the past couple of weeks. Any help is highly appreciated.

vAm

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-13  8:41   ` vAm
From: vAm @ 2003-11-13  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> vAm <vamsee_k@students.iiit.net> writes:
>

>>hi,
>>	I've followed the instructions given. HTML helper mode is
>>working but it's not highlighting(no colors) the tags. What could be
>>the possible problem. The code I've added to my .emacs is
>

> [...]
>
> You'll need something like this in your .emacs to turn on the syntax
> highlighting (called font locking in emacs)
>
> (global-font-lock-mode t)

Did that. Still ain't working.

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-13 20:09 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-11-13 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: vAm <vamsee_k@students.iiit.net>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:40:37 +0530
>
> 	I've followed the instructions given. HTML helper mode is working but
> it's not highlighting(no colors) the tags.

Font-lock (a.k.a. syntax highlighting) is not automatic in every
buffer.  Try this:

	 M-x global-font-lock-mode RET

Did that help?

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-14  8:56     ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2003-11-14  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

vAm wrote:

> Did that. Still ain't working.

What is your version of html-helper-mode? Version 2.x required
additional Lisp-Files to enable highlighting. 3.0.4 however is an
all-in-one file.

--
Uwe

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-14 14:24       ` Tim McNamara
From: Tim McNamara @ 2003-11-14 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Uwe Siart <uwe.siart@ei.tum.de> writes:

> vAm wrote:
>
> > Did that. Still ain't working.
>
> What is your version of html-helper-mode? Version 2.x required
> additional Lisp-Files to enable highlighting. 3.0.4 however is an
> all-in-one file.

How does one tell?  Also does anyone know a current link for the
newest version?  The one in Italy (with "saint" in the URL)- which is
the only one I've found- returns a 404 Not Found error.

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-14 15:31         ` Gian Uberto Lauri
                           ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2003-11-14 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

TM> How does one tell?  Also does anyone know a current link for the
TM> newest version?

Use the source Luke ?

Anyway, there's the constant defined, html-helper-mode-version.

TM> The one in Italy (with "saint" in the URL)- which is
TM> the only one I've found- returns a 404 Not Found error.

Yup, they busted my pages and  my account. Nothing I was not expecting
(i left  the job at Ingegneria  Gestionale in Vicenza in  1996), but I
would have appreciated a "backup your stuff, fella". Anyway, fool me.

Soon  I'll able to  connect to  the net  in the  weekend so  that I'll
complete the migration to savannah.gnu.org.

 /\            ___
/___/\__|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____________________
  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-14 15:40         ` Eli Zaretskii
                           ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-11-14 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
> Date: 14 Nov 2003 08:24:58 -0600
> >
> > What is your version of html-helper-mode? Version 2.x required
> > additional Lisp-Files to enable highlighting. 3.0.4 however is an
> > all-in-one file.
>
> How does one tell?

Normally, by looking into the file's contents.

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-14 16:10         ` Uwe Siart
       [not found]         ` <mailman.70.1068827595.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
       [not found]         ` <mailman.71.1068828362.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Uwe Siart @ 2003-11-14 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tim McNamara wrote:

> How does one tell?  Also does anyone know a current link for the
> newest version?  The one in Italy (with "saint" in the URL)- which is
> the only one I've found- returns a 404 Not Found error.

Uuups, really. The page

   http://www.gest.unipd.it/~saint/hth.html

disappeared. Maybe he stopped developping HTH :-( . But as a fall-back,
you might find font-lock support for your version on Nelson Minar's page

   http://www.santafe.edu/~nelson/tools/

I'd also be interested in infos about the future of HTH.

--
Uwe

@ 2003-11-14 16:40           ` Uwe Siart
From: Uwe Siart @ 2003-11-14 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gian Uberto Lauri wrote:

> Yup, they busted my pages and  my account. Nothing I was not expecting
> (i left  the job at Ingegneria  Gestionale in Vicenza in  1996), but I
> would have appreciated a "backup your stuff, fella". Anyway, fool me.
>
> Soon  I'll able to  connect to  the net  in the  weekend so  that I'll
> complete the migration to savannah.gnu.org.

Hello Uberto.

Glad to hear from you after even google let me down. I feel relieved,
really. And I refused to believe, that the only available copy of HTH
should be the one I buried in my garden this summer ;-)

--
Uwe

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-14 17:22             ` Gian Uberto Lauri
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2003-11-14 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

US> Hello Uberto.

US> Glad to hear from you after even google let me down. I feel relieved,
US> really. And I refused to believe, that the only available copy of HTH
US> should be the one I buried in my garden this summer ;-)

Let me understand how and you  could even enter the fantastic world of
HTH development :)

 /\            ___

@ 2003-11-14 18:56           ` Tim McNamara
From: Tim McNamara @ 2003-11-14 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@elta.co.il> writes:

> > Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> > From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
> > Date: 14 Nov 2003 08:24:58 -0600
> > >
> > > What is your version of html-helper-mode? Version 2.x required
> > > additional Lisp-Files to enable highlighting. 3.0.4 however is
> > > an all-in-one file.
> >
> > How does one tell?
>
> Normally, by looking into the file's contents.

Ye-es, but what am I looking for (obvious newbie here)?

* Re: HTML helper won't highlight
@ 2003-11-14 20:50             ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-11-14 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
> Date: 14 Nov 2003 12:56:54 -0600
> >
> > Normally, by looking into the file's contents.
>
> Ye-es, but what am I looking for (obvious newbie here)?

You are looking for "version" or "Version".  The version number should
be right next to that.