Hi! 2 days ago Stefan Merten wrote: > I still had another error left, however. > > Value of form marked with `1value' does vary: ... > > It took me some time to discover that for some reason `testcover' > treats `defcustom' like `defconst'. This is of course lethal for a > test which changes a customizable variable temporarily - e.g. by `let' > - to test a certain functionality. I now used `testcover' intensively and can see why there is a wish to treat a `defcustom' like a `defconst'. If you treat a `defcustom' like a normal `defvar' you get a brown splotch (i.e. the form had only a single value) for all the `defcustom' variables. This is annoying. OTOH in automated tests you *want* to override a `defcustom' to test behavior with a different customization. So treating `defcustom' as `defconst' unconditionally is certainly not an option. The natural thing which comes to mind is to create a configuration option here. For instance there could be another customizable `testcover' variable which lists all the `defcustom' variables you *do* want to treat as a variable. How does this sound? Grüße Stefan