all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs uses an old version of python
@ 2008-11-30 21:51 John Seales
From: John Seales @ 2008-11-30 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

GNU emacs 22.1.1
on an Intel MacBook

I've updated to Python 2.6, but emacs still is using 2.3. This is a problem because I need to use the newer features of the language. Looking in my /usr/bin/ directory, I see that 'python2.3' and 'pythonw2.3' are in there, along with just plain 'python'. Using sudo, I copied 'python2.6' and 'pythonw2.6' into /usr/bin, but still emacs calls the old version. Interestingly, the terminal application correctly uses the new version of python when I run it from there.

I'm guessing I may need to move more files around and/or change my .emacs file. But how?

John Seales