Hi, I copy json.el from github(https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/tree/master/lisp/json.el), override local json.el and compile it. After I restart emacs, and emacs shows this error in startup: --- Warning (initialization): An error occurred while loading `c:/Users/caijunqi/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/init.el': error: Attempt to modify read-only object, (error) To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the cause of the error in your initialization file. Start Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace. --- At 2015-10-04 05:58:11, "Simen Heggestøyl" wrote: On Sat, Oct 3, 2015 at 11:01 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: Looks good, please install, Stefan Done. Thanks for reviewing! -- Simen