Hi, I've sent the mail to assign@gnu.org and request the assignment form. I modified the changes according to your and Philip's remarks. On Fri, 2023-09-08 at 15:35 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote: > Hi, > > > Instead of looking only at the git log of the main package file, we > > look instead at the git log of all files of the core package. > > This way, a new devel version is created when any other package > > file is > > changed, not just the main file. > > It has a minor downside which is that it slows down the overwhelming > cases (where there are no changes), but it's probably lost in the > noise, > so it sounds like a very good idea, thank you. > > > Is this the right mailing list to send the patch? > > Yes. > > [ BTW, Philip's `list-ensure` is called `ensure-list` :-) >   And yes, I think it's OK to use functionality from Emacs-28.  ] > > > +  (when-let > > +      ((core (elpaa--spec-get pkg-spec :core))) > > AFAICT this code is only used when `:core` is non-nil, so better > either > not test for it redundantly, or do it via `cl-assert`. Done > > > +                    (unless (member item excludes) > > The code looks generally good, but I'm not sure about the one line > above: > - I know it won't do the right thing for ERC's "lisp/erc/ChangeLog.*" >   but it's probably harmless (those files basically never change >   anyway). > - I have the impression that it won't do the right thing for >   `use-package`'s "bind-key.el" I changed the code to ignore files using the wildcards in :excludes. This still does not work for "bind-key.el", but IMO this can and should be solved by changing it to "lisp/use-package/bind-key.el",  similar to how erc is doing it ("lisp/erc/erc-loaddefs.el" ). (The commentary says: ";; Exclude matches must be against the full file-name, substring matches don't ;; work unless wildcards are used (e.g. use "etc/*" instead of "etc/").") > > Also, I see you do (concat item file) but you only know that `item` > is > a directory, not that it ends with a `/`.  Better use `file-name- > concat`. With `directory-files-recursively` this has resolved itself. > > Last but not least: I think this doesn't quite qualify as "trivial" > so > we'd need you to sign the copyright paperwork (well, maybe with some > of > the suggested simplifications, it could qualify as "trivial", but > it's > easier if you sign the paperwork so we don't have to worry about it, > especially if you ever submit more code, which I hope you will). > To that end, please fill the form below and email it to the FSF as > instructed so they can send you the appropriate paperwork to sign. > > >         Stefan > > > Please email the following information to assign@gnu.org, and we > will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes. > > Please use your full legal name (in ASCII characters) as the subject > line of the message. > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > REQUEST: SEND FORM FOR PAST AND FUTURE CHANGES > > [What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?] > Emacs > > [Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these > changes? > Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.] > > > [Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own > your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?] > > > [For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?] > > > [What year were you born?] > > > [Please write your email address here.] > > > [Please write your postal address here.] > > > > > > [Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you > written > so far?] >