all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Show past end of buffer lines & extra spaces with different colors
@ 2003-12-07 15:04 Micha Feigin
From: Micha Feigin @ 2003-12-07 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to show lines past the end of the buffer (i.e lines
that are shown on the screen but are not part of the buffer) in a
different color?
Those would the lines that appear in vim as ~.
Also is it possible to show spaces on the end of a line with a
different color, so that if I have some extra spaces left over on the
end of the line by mistake I will be able to see them visually?

* Re: Show past end of buffer lines & extra spaces with different colors
@ 2003-12-07 15:16 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-12-07 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:04:53 +0200
> From: Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il>
>
> Is it possible to show lines past the end of the buffer (i.e lines
> that are shown on the screen but are not part of the buffer) in a
> different color?
> Those would the lines that appear in vim as ~.

Emacs has a similar feature: make sure your value of the variable
indicate-empty-lines is non-nil, and you will see that.

Is that what you want?