Attached is a small example of code using face-remapping-alist. The file ("face-remap.el") contains a small set of utility functions for making cooperative use of face-remapping-alist easier, and also contains two example uses: (1) Face size increase/decrease commands (bound to C-= / C-+ and C--), similar to those in many GUI applications. (2) The `variable-pitch-mode' minor mode, which causes the `variable-pitch' face to be used for displaying the buffer text while active. [I bind this to `C-c v'] Comments? [If nobody objects, I'll commit this file too.] -Miles