Pip Cet wrote: > I notice that there are a few places where you use XFIXNUMPTR > directly, rather than make_mint_ptr. Is that intentional? I think now > would be a good time to fix it and make XFIXNUMPTR internal to lisp.h. It's intentional since those few places don't need the full power of make_mint_ptr (often the pointers are already aligned) and there might be trouble if storage allocation fails if the pointer is not aligned. Perhaps you're right and this is overkill; it is confusing at any rate. In the meantime I installed the attached first patch to fix a glitch I saw in this area while looking at the current XFIXNUMPTR uses. > Also, the doc comments for most_negative_fixnum and > most_positive_fixnum in data.c still need updating. Thanks, done in the second attached patch.