all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs freezes on XP SP2
@ 2004-09-26 21:05 Anthony Dardis
From: Anthony Dardis @ 2004-09-26 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear help-gnu-emacs,

Machine: IBM Thinkpad 600x, 10g, 192mb, 500mhz
OS (this one): Windows XP, Service Pack 2 just installed
emacs from emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz

Problem: I start a file (with a .txt extension) and after about a minute
emacs freezes, cursor won't move, when I minimize and maximize the emacs
window the contents of the window are not repainted, Windows Task Manager
shows emacs using 90% of cpu resources. emacs never comes back and must be
killed using Windows Task Manager.

(The machine used to run emacs 21.1 just fine under W98, and the machine
also runs Gnu/Linux RedHat 7.2 without problem for 2 years.)

Thanks,
Tony Dardis

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-09-26 21:05 UTC | newest]