all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* printing.el breaks bootstrapping
@ 2003-02-07 21:45 Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2003-02-07 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

A new file, printing.el, added half an hour ago (apparently) breaks
bootstrapping.  End of `make bootstrap' output:

Compiling /home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/lisp/printing.el

In toplevel form:
printing.el:2371:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
pr-get-symbol
make[1]: *** [compile] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/lisp'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

Sincerely,

Luc.

* Re: printing.el breaks bootstrapping
@ 2003-02-07 22:47 ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2003-02-07 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

>From my previous message:

   A new file, printing.el, added half an hour ago (apparently) breaks
   bootstrapping.  End of `make bootstrap' output:

Just removing the file solves the problem.  I do not know what is
wrong, printing.el seems to hand-compile without any problem,
pr-get-symbol included.

@ 2003-02-07 23:36   ` Luc Teirlinck
From: Luc Teirlinck @ 2003-02-07 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Kim Storm wrote:

   Luc Teirlinck <teirllm@dms.auburn.edu> writes:

   > A new file, printing.el, added half an hour ago (apparently) breaks
   > bootstrapping.  End of `make bootstrap' output:
   >
   > Compiling /home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/lisp/printing.el
   >
   > In toplevel form:
   > printing.el:2371:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
   > pr-get-symbol
   > make[1]: *** [compile] Error 1
   > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/lisp'
   > make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

   It should be fixed now.

It is.  Thanks.

@ 2003-02-08  0:12 ` Kim F. Storm
From: Kim F. Storm @ 2003-02-08  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Luc Teirlinck <teirllm@dms.auburn.edu> writes:

> A new file, printing.el, added half an hour ago (apparently) breaks
> bootstrapping.  End of `make bootstrap' output:
>
> Compiling /home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/lisp/printing.el
>
> In toplevel form:
> printing.el:2371:1:Error: Symbol's function definition is void:
> pr-get-symbol
> make[1]: *** [compile] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/teirllm/CVSemacsdir/emacs/lisp'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

It should be fixed now.