all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>" <monnier+gnu.emacs.help/news/@flint.cs.yale.edu>
Subject: Re: hlin@crescentec.com
Date: 13 Dec 2002 18:52:50 -0500	[thread overview]

> Same here.  I checked the web page of the company and sent the web
> manager listed as contact a mail too, and he said he would contact
> their mail administrators (whether this will help much, I have no idea
> since the respective user probably is subscribed at gnu.org and they
> would have to unsubscribe him).

The problem is not with the user being subscribed at gnu.org.
The problem with crescentec.com using a brain-dead pseudo-bounce
message and sending it to the wrong address.  If they fix their
software to stop trying to be clever and to just do things the
normal way, then the bounces will be sent to the gnu.org mailing-list
maintainer (rather than to the posters) which will then have a chance
to auto-unsubscribe or do something with it.