all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* One more cperl v4.23 glitch
@ 2002-10-30 16:48 Da Witch
From: Da Witch @ 2002-10-30 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just switched from v4.21 to v4.23 of cperl-mode (and to jit-lock for
font-lock support), and I've run into a new glitch: if a scalar
variable's name includes an underscore followed by a "Perl-language
word" (eg. "time" in $last_time, "scalar" in $triple_scalar_product,
"my" in $oh_my, "ref" in $hard_ref), then the "keyword part" of the
name gets the shading it would have had if it really were a
Perl-language word, the rest appears in the default text face.  This
happens even when the whole name should be shaded with
font-lock-variable-name-face (e.g. after "my").

Is there any way around this problem?

Thanks,

hk

* Re: One more cperl v4.23 glitch
@ 2002-10-30 22:50 ` Ilya Zakharevich
From: Ilya Zakharevich @ 2002-10-30 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Da Witch
<heather710101@yahoo.com>], who wrote in article <app2h9$a2j$1@reader1.panix.com>:

> I just switched from v4.21 to v4.23 of cperl-mode (and to jit-lock for
> font-lock support), and I've run into a new glitch: if a scalar
> variable's name includes an underscore followed by a "Perl-language
> word" (eg. "time" in $last_time, "scalar" in $triple_scalar_product,
> "my" in $oh_my, "ref" in $hard_ref), then the "keyword part" of the
> name gets the shading it would have had if it really were a
> Perl-language word, the rest appears in the default text face.  This
> happens even when the whole name should be shaded with
> font-lock-variable-name-face (e.g. after "my").
>
> Is there any way around this problem?

Did you try 4.22?  If this does not help, why not try 4.24?  Again, if
*this* (gasp!) does not help, try 4.25?  And you may continue for a
long time...

Gosh, 4.32 is available for what?  3 years?  And people upgrade fro
4.21 to 4.23 now...

Puzzled,
Ilya

* Re: One more cperl v4.23 glitch
@ 2002-10-30 23:10   ` Da Witch
From: Da Witch @ 2002-10-30 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Gosh, 4.32 is available for what?  3 years?  And people upgrade fro
>4.21 to 4.23 now...

>Puzzled,

Thanks.  Sorry, we just upgraded to the latest Emacs, and it comes
with 4.23.  I naturally assumed that this version of cperl was
reasonably current.

@ 2002-10-31  0:05     ` Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com>
From: Stefan Monnier <foo@acm.com> @ 2002-10-31  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thanks.  Sorry, we just upgraded to the latest Emacs, and it comes
> with 4.23.  I naturally assumed that this version of cperl was
> reasonably current.

Sadly, that's only the case if someone takes care of the package's
version distributed with Emacs.  In the case of cperl-mode, there's
no such person, really.