all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* displaying the EUR-Sign in normal buffers
@ 2002-10-04 14:14 Klaus Berndl
From: Klaus Berndl @ 2002-10-04 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using NTEmacs 21.2 with Windows XP and the Oort Gnus 0.07.
Here the EUR-symbol is displayed automatically well.

Value of *current-language-environment* is "German".

But if I'm not using Gnus but any other normal buffer in my Emacs
the EUR-Symbol is not displayed. I suppose the reason is that i do
not using a latin-15 charset but a latin-1. The problem is that i
want to use latin-15 instead of latin-1 but i do not know how?!

What must i add to my .emacs or which option must i customize so
that in all buffers the EUR-symbol can be displayed?

Many thanks in advance!
Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl			mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de