all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* replacing in a current line only
@ 2007-07-31 10:20 Rafal Kurcz
From: Rafal Kurcz @ 2007-07-31 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello
How can I replace the string in a current line only.
It would be nice to be able to distinguish between first and all
occurrances of the string in the current line.

Narrowing the buffer first and then replacing the string seems to be
inconvenient.

Thank You for help

* Re: replacing in a current line only
@ 2007-07-31 11:09 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.4157.1185880495.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-07-31 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafal Kurcz; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 31.07.2007 um 12:20 schrieb Rafal Kurcz:

> How can I replace the string in a current line only.

C-a C-k <some new text>

--
Greetings

   Pete

* Re: replacing in a current line only
@ 2007-07-31 11:14 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.4157.1185880495.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-07-31 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafal Kurcz; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 31.07.2007 um 12:20 schrieb Rafal Kurcz:

> How can I replace the string in a current line only.

Or did you mean to replace only some characters in that line? Then:

	C-a C-SPC C-e M-x replace-string RET <from> RET <to> RET

--
Greetings

   Pete

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."

@ 2007-07-31 13:58   ` Marc Tfardy
From: Marc Tfardy @ 2007-07-31 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Peter Dyballa schrieb:

> Am 31.07.2007 um 12:20 schrieb Rafal Kurcz:
>
>> How can I replace the string in a current line only.
>
> Or did you mean to replace only some characters in that line? Then:
>
>     C-a C-SPC C-e M-x replace-string RET <from> RET <to> RET

Or C-a C-SPC C-e M-% <from> RET <to> RET when you want control
what should be replaced.

regards

Marc