all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* MacOSX: Single window operation
@ 2009-01-09  8:59 Mickaël Rémond
From: Mickaël Rémond @ 2009-01-09  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,
I have a question on Emacs on Macosx (Cocoa daily build).
I am trying to force Emacs to do everything in a single window (open file
from Finder, from command line most notably).

I tried setting:
(setq display-buffer-reuse-frames t)
(setq pop-up-frames nil)
(setq pop-up-windows nil)
(setq dnd-open-file-other-window nil)

But it does not seem to do what I want and new windows are opened with new
file opened from Terminal or finder.

Any idea ?

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/

* Re: MacOSX: Single window operation
@ 2009-01-09 16:18 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-01-09 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mickaël Rémond; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 09.01.2009 um 09:59 schrieb Mickaël Rémond:

> Any idea ?

Maybe it works to start (emacs-server) and pass files to Emacs.app
via emacslient (/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/
emacsclient) ...

It is a common mis-use of Mac OS X applications that they tend to
create new tool windows, or frames in Emacs speak.

--
Greetings

   Pete

  "A designer knows he has arrived at perfection not when there is no
longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take
away."
				– Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

* Re: MacOSX: Single window operation
@ 2009-01-10 14:01   ` Mickaël Rémond