all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [NEWBIE] path variables not importing to emacs
@ 2003-09-26  2:42 Lindsay Smith
From: Lindsay Smith @ 2003-09-26  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi - thanks for taking the time to read my newbie query.

The machine is Win98 (no insults please)

I have miktek installed on my machine to run latex.

I have path environment variables set to point to the bin directory of
the miktek installation, and I can run latex from the DOS command
prompt from anywhere without specifying a path.

I have not evaluated exec-path inside emacs yet (will do once I get
home).
I have manually adding the bin directory for miktek into the exec-path
variable using the emacs gui for setting variables. In my .emacs file
it does indeed have the correct path included.

However I still can't run latex from inside emacs!  I just get 'Bad
command or filename'.

Are there any special considerations to make regarding Win98 machines
and there horrible filename conventions?  Ie c:\Program Files\ vs
c:\Progra~1\

Help appreciated.

Lindsay

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-26  2:42 UTC | newest]