all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Organizing files in projects
@ 2010-04-22 12:58 Valentin Jacquemin
From: Valentin Jacquemin @ 2010-04-22 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I use more and more emacs for my hacking activities. I am more used to
Netbeans and Eclipse IDEs but the possibility to do anything from only one
editor attracts me....

One thing I miss however currently is the possibility to organize my files
as a project. Typically if I develop a PHP application, I'd like to be able
to a)navigate in the current file to jump directly to a class' member
(either variable, function, whatever) and b) jump into a dependency, this
can be a superclass or a class from a library I use, anything. Doing that
from my beloved IDEs is very easy, but from Emacs I read about tags,
anything and certainly others...

My question is: is there an "almighty" solution?

Thanks for your help,

Valentin Jacquemin