all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Couple of question on emacs
@ 2010-07-10  4:13 justareader
From: justareader @ 2010-07-10  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am emacs user in Microsoft Windows environment and I am trying to
find out how to accomplish the following two things in emacs.

First:
-------
I use ido with following settings.
;;in the .emacs
(require 'ido)
(ido-mode t)
(setq ido-enable-flex-matching t) ;; enable fuzzy matching

The above works great for most of the scenarios except when I try to
navigate to a UNC share. Ido does not allow me to navigate to a
network share. Whenever I try //, it puts me on the root directory of
the drive. For eg. if I am in C:\foo\bar directory and I type //, it
puts me in C:/.

How do I navigate to an UNC share or find a file / visit a file from
an UNC share?

Second:
If I am editing a file in emacs and the same file was modified by an
external program, is there a way emacs can alert me that the file is
modified outside of emacs and give me an option to reload (if I want
to)?

Thanks in advance for your help

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-07-10  4:13 UTC | newest]