all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Tilde Problem (<dead-tilde>)
@ 2008-07-11 13:10 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2008-07-11 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

The keycombination <dead-tilde> + <letter/space> has suddenly stopped
working in Emacs CVS. Emacs says:

<dead-tilde> is undefined

Is this on purpose? If so how do I make it work like it justed to?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw

* Re: Tilde Problem (<dead-tilde>)
@ 2008-08-26  7:33 ` andregoios
From: andregoios @ 2008-08-26  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 11 Jul, 23:10, Nordlöw <per.nord...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The keycombination <dead-tilde> + <letter/space> has suddenly stopped
> working in Emacs CVS. Emacs says:
>
> <dead-tilde> is undefined
>
> Is this on purpose? If so how do I make it work like it justed to?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Nordlöw

I added this line to ~/.emacs and i got dead-keys worrking again:

(load-library "iso-transl")

alternatively, the key combination C-x 8 seems to load the library as
well

Cheers
Andre

* Re: Tilde Problem (<dead-tilde>)
@ 2008-08-26 22:23   ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-08-26 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andregoios; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 26.08.2008 um 09:33 schrieb andregoios:

> I added this line to ~/.emacs and i got dead-keys worrking again:
>
> (load-library "iso-transl")

Indeed! Although this file brings 8-bit support to pre-Unicode
encodings particularly ISO Latin variants. The failing dead-keys
recognition looks more like a bug ...

--
Greetings

   Pete