I think people using `dotimes' from `cl’ are going to expect it to work like in Common Lisp (as that’s the whole point). Just deprecating the result parameter because it’s too hard doesn’t seem like a good solution :-) Thanks, Mike > On 28 Apr 2020, at 03:52, Michael Heerdegen wrote: > > Mike Woolley writes: > >> Yes that fixes the issue in the test cases I sent. >> Also looks good in my real code where I noticed the problem! > > Seems the current warning is a compromise. It is not perfect because it > is not really clear what the warning means. I would vote for a clear > "argument is deprecated" warning. > > Michael.