The configuration In that screenshot is the only one EVAL-ed after `Emacs -q -Q’ Maybe the non-default setting you mentioned is this configuration. > 在 2016年4月25日,18:19,Eli Zaretskii 写道: > >> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:07:45 +0900 >> From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu >> Cc: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu , >> ptr.wang@gmail.com, >> 23362@debbugs.gnu.org >> >> The change I made does not prevent emoji from being displayed with >> other non-multicolor fonts. Moreover, the appearance with the default >> setting is the same between 24.5 and 25.0.93. So I don't think we >> need to provide a workaround. > > Thanks, that's good to know. > > However, there's something I still don't understand: how come the OP > doesn't see any symbols at all (see the screenshots he provided)? > IOW, if the default setting works fine, is there some non-default > setting we should be telling users to avoid, in order to have these > symbols displayed (albeit without colors)?