all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bytecompiling ZIRANMA
@ 2007-01-26 19:00 Alberto Simões
From: Alberto Simões @ 2007-01-26 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs

Hi

I am compiling emacs for my powerbook and it is bytecompiling ZIRANMA
for more than 15 minutes. I am waiting it ends, but it seems it doesn't
want to.

While I wait, here is the question: can I switch it off during compilation?

You know, I do not know anything about chinese or japanese, so I really
do not need this input method... ;)

Cheers
Alberto
--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                  Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal

* Re: Bytecompiling ZIRANMA
@ 2007-01-26 19:30 ` Matthew Flaschen
From: Matthew Flaschen @ 2007-01-26 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs

Alberto Simões wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am compiling emacs for my powerbook and it is bytecompiling ZIRANMA
> for more than 15 minutes. I am waiting it ends, but it seems it doesn't
> want to.
>
> While I wait, here is the question: can I switch it off during compilation?

Switch what off, your computer?  No.

Matthew Flaschen

* Re: Bytecompiling ZIRANMA
@ 2007-01-26 19:33   ` Alberto Simões
From: Alberto Simões @ 2007-01-26 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Alberto Simões wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am compiling emacs for my powerbook and it is bytecompiling ZIRANMA
>> for more than 15 minutes. I am waiting it ends, but it seems it doesn't
>> want to.
>>
>> While I wait, here is the question: can I switch it off during compilation?
>
> Switch what off, your computer?  No.

Lol. Sorry, I didn't explain myself correctly. I would like to switch
off chinese and japanese input methods. I search configure for such a
flag, bug didn't find it.

Thanks
:)
Alberto

--

@ 2007-01-26 21:03 ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2007-01-26 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: albie; +Cc: emacs

On 1/26/07, Alberto Simões <albie@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt> wrote:

> I am compiling emacs for my powerbook and it is bytecompiling ZIRANMA
> for more than 15 minutes. I am waiting it ends, but it seems it doesn't
> want to.

That should be fixed soon in the CVS.

                    /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: Bytecompiling ZIRANMA
@ 2007-01-26 22:20 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-01-26 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: albie; +Cc: emacs

Am 26.01.2007 um 20:00 schrieb Alberto Simões:

> While I wait, here is the question: can I switch it off during
> compilation?

Better not – but you can put it to sleep! Then it would continue when
you wake it up again.

A better thing might be to switch your PowerBook via System
Preferences into the slow mode. Then the fan won't start making noise
and your PowerBook would keep cool.

Byte-compiling the MULE department in GNU Emacs takes a while ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but
they've always worked for me."
                                           -- Hunter S. Thompson