After commit daf434b40d61e8cc99485988017a4a95ff475922 Author: Paul Eggert Date: Thu Aug 24 16:15:59 2017 -0700 Prefer ‘double’ for FP temps in xterm.c * src/xterm.c (xm_scroll_callback, xaw_jump_callback) (x_set_toolkit_scroll_bar_thumb) (x_set_toolkit_horizontal_scroll_bar_thumb): Prefer ‘double’ to ‘float’ for individual local floating-point temporaries. I get scrollbar warnings for the Motif build on Debian GNU/Linux, see the attached screnshot. I observed this when testing server/client interactions where in a first terminal I did emacs -Q -nw -xrm "emacs.synchronous: true" -f server-start and in a second terminal I did emacsclient -c The warning appears in the first terminal's Emacs window after the GUI window pops up. I have no idea why text, mode line and echo area of that window are completely mangled by that warning. I have to resize the terminal window in order to get its display working again. martin