On 17 Sep 2013, at 08:19, Stefan Monnier wrote: >> Eshell redirection causes an error (Symbol's value as variable is void: cmd) in HEAD for the last week or so: > > Thanks for the recipe. Should be fixed now, I'm still having trouble, and I'm not sure if it's a symptom of the problem, the solution, or the precipitate. Let me give a little more detail. Until recently, I had the following lines in ~/.emacs.d/eshell/profile: addpath -b /usr/local/bin >>> # addpath -b /usr/local/sbin >>> # addpath -b ~/bin >>> # A semi-recent change broke redirection in eshell, but Stefan fixed it yesterday (thanks Stefen). After the fix, though, I'm seeing, for each addpath directive: Buffer is read-only: # Is this a side-effect of the solution? Should I file it as a different bug? Should I stop trying to redirect into *Messages* (it's convenient but not really necessary)? Thanks, ~Chad