all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Erik Norvelle <erik@norvelle.org>
Cc: Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE>
Subject: Re: Trying to input Unicode via GNU Emacs 21.3.1
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:27:58 +0100	[thread overview]

Peter Dyballa & August,

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions and clarifications.  Knowing
that the Unicode characters were correctly entered in Emacs helped me
to trace the issue to the browser, which, as you both suspected, was
not responding to the fact that the file was in Unicode.

As it turns out, if I change the text encoding of the page from
`Western (ISO-8859-1)' to `Unicode (UTF-8)' everything does in fact
appear perfectly.

So this is no longer really an Emacs question, but perhaps one of you
might know the answer anyhow:  Why don't my browsers (both Camino and
Safari) respond to the fact that my HTML contains the following:

Feel free to reply directly to me if you don't want to clutter the
Emacs list with HTML questions

Cheers,
-Erik