On 2016-07-13 19:14, Glenn Morris wrote: > Live System User wrote: >>> The OP has some broken info.el early in their load-path, presumably one >>> that isn't part of Emacs. >> >> There is a MELPA package I have installed called "realgud" that >> has the file: >> >> ~/.emacs.d/elpa/realgud/common/buffer/info.el(.elc) >> >> Perhaps package.el should deal with this type of issue, otherwise >> package authors will have to avoid naming their .el files names >> that are the same as (some) Emacs library names? > > Emacs uses a PATH-type lookup in which first match wins. Twas ever thus. > ("Private" namespaces are possible using the subdirectory approach used > by eg cedet in Emacs.) Sorry, I didn't follow this very closely. I'm one of the Realgud maintainers; is there anything we can do on our side to make things smoother? Clément.