Sorry I didn't look at this until now. Given the short length of the code, I wonder: could the be turned into a patch against diminish? This way diminish users would all benefit from the improvements, right? Clément. On 2016-07-11 18:24, Phil Sainty wrote: > No comments on this to date, so I'd quite like to see this committed > to the GNU ELPA repo. > > I have a savannah account, but do not have permission to push to the > emacs/elpa repository. I'll happily take care of it if I'm assigned > permissions (which would assist with future updates); otherwise if > someone else would like to do so, that would be appreciated. > > thanks, > -Phil > > > On 26/06/16 19:27, Phil Sainty wrote: >> I would like to propose my delight.el library for inclusion in >> GNU ELPA (or as a standard Emacs library if that is of interest). >> >> Delight enables you to easily customise how major and minor modes >> appear in the mode line. >> >> It was inspired by a well-known library called Diminish which >> facilitates the same thing for minor modes only. I wrote Delight >> because I wanted something which also supported major modes, as well >> as a more concise syntax for configuration (in particular, something >> which didn't necessitate writing an explicit call to eval-after-load >> to handle unloaded modes). >> >> Detailed documentation and examples are in the commentary, and at: >> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DelightedModes >> >> The source code is now maintained at: >> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/delight.git >> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/delight.git/plain/delight.el >> >> (For GNU ELPA I would use an external/subtree approach with this >> new Savannah repository.) >> >> >> n.b. At one point someone submitted a melpa recipe for the EmacsWiki >> source, and so this has also been available via melpa for some time, >> but I'd prefer it to be on GNU ELPA. >> >> >> I could potentially include delight-powerline.el as well. >> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DelightedPowerLine >> That's a small integration library I wrote on request so that >> Delight would work with the various "Powerline" libraries out there >> on github and melpa and the like. I'm not sure whether there are >> conventions to follow regarding GNU ELPA packages integrating with >> non-GNU libraries, so I've left it out for now. >> >> >> -Phil >> > >