Hi emacs-devel, What is the proper way to organize the sources of a multi-file package into subdirectories, without breaking autoloads? As far as I can see `update-directory-autoloads` doesn't explore subdirectories recursively (in fact, it is documented not to), and package.el doesn't call it on subdirectories of a package's content directory. And yet, the manual says (emphasis mine): > Do not include any file named name-autoloads.el. This file is > reserved for the package’s autoload definitions (see Packaging > Basics). It is created automatically when the package is installed, > by searching *all the Lisp files* in the package for autoload magic > comments. This claims that all files in the package are searched (which sounds nice, but seems incorrect). Presumably this is just imprecise wording, since Packaging Basics does say the following: > Emacs then searches every Lisp file in the content directory for > autoload magic comments (see Autoload). These autoload definitions > are saved to a file named name-autoloads.el in the content directory. Which brings me back to square one: how do I move parts of a package to a subdirectory, without breaking their autoloads? Thanks! Clément.