On 2016-05-06 08:24, Yuri Khan wrote: > No, Gmail sends normal “Content-Type: multipart/alternative” > messages, where the first alternative is text/plain and uses > conventional “>” quoting, and the second alternative is text/html, > optionally encoded as quoted-printable, with
quoting. > The messages are valid w.r.t. RFC 2822 and RFC 2045, and the > text/html payload is loosely well-formed HTML5. I don't think so. When I look at the source of Kaushal's messages, the '>' character is missing on the first line of each quoted section (see for example his message ). Thus what should be rendered as the following is actually as shown below in the message body: (Intended rendering, as suggested by the blockquotes in the HTML version:) > I suggest to change/add the docstring accordingly, because the new > behavior is a radical change. > I could provide a 'patch' for that[1] That's great! > , but not sure about the structure of > that patch (Actual rendering:) > > I suggest to change/add the docstring accordingly, because the new behavior is a radical change. > > I could provide a 'patch' for that[1] That's great! , but not sure about the structure of > that patch Or is there an issue with Thunderbird's source rendering? Clément.