On 2016-05-06 05:28, Yuri Khan wrote: >> > I see. I just tried out my google account. The reason for this behavior >> > is that you use, google rich-text-format (which is not really html it >> > seems). > I looked at Kaushal’s message and I do see the
element > around quoted text. What else would you ask of a MUA? I thing the issue is mostly that GMail includes two copy of each message; one with
s, and one that claims to be text-only. The text-only one is a mess. Unless you configure your client to ignore the text-only one and regenerate it from the html one, you see what Uwe was seeing.