Hi, Thanks for the info, but registers limit the marked entries and I will not be able to cycle through them. So that is out of the question. After looking around I found thing-cmds.el . The description looks good but I need to try it out. I'm looking for something like: press F2 -> put the current position where cursor is in a list with limit of                    20 entries. press F3 -> go forward in the list. press F4 -> go backward in the list. Regards, Maindoor. --- On Thu, 1/28/10, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote: From: Mario Domenech Goulart Subject: Re: simple requirement, so simple don't know how to search To: "Maindoor" Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org Date: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 6:20 PM Hi On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 04:39:53 -0800 (PST) Maindoor wrote: > I have a huge codebase and I I visit various files. There are certain > points which I would like "the feature I"m looking for" to remember > when I press a key.  So that I can cycle through them back and > forth. This is quite basic so I am hoping this will already be there. > Someone just tell me that this feature is there. Maybe you are looking for Emacs registers: http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/RegPos.html#RegPos Best wishes. Mario