I've made docstring changes to point out that it's only useful to set goto-address-uri-schemes-ignored and goto-address-uri-schemes prior to loading the library. I'm not sure if there's any policy about such things, but it seemed like it would be quite a lot more work to get around that. I imagine the :set ability of defcustom would make it possible to have changes to those variables dynamically update goto-address-url-regexp as well; but in doing that you'd need to take care not to clobber values which had themselves been customized also, and it all seemed like a lot of added complexity for little benefit. -Phil