On 04/23/2016 11:42 AM, Anders Lindgren wrote: > Hi! > > I think that I already have solved this, but awaiting confirmation I > haven't committed the change. In short, when either fringe is zero, > Emacs reserves one column for a terminal-style continuation character. > The function `window-adjust-process-window-size' in window.el should use > `window-max-chars-per-line' rather than `window-body-width' to take the > continuation character into consideration. > > See http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22891#26 for details. > > In that message I also suggested removing `term-window-width' and > instead use `window-max-chars-per-line', as both functions use a complex > algorithm to determine whether or not a column is reserved for the > continuation character. Well, since I wrote the suggestion, a bug was > found and fixed in `window-max-chars-per-line' while the bug still > remains in `term-window-width'... Sounds good to me.