Hi all, Here's a copy of the patch discussed in the "Help understanding the URL code" thread. The current implementation of url reads `url-package-name' and `url-package-version' into account only when url-vars.el is loaded, and never after that; this patch makes it take them into account in all cases. This allows packages to adjust User-Agent strings when making URL requests. It also adds the current Emacs version to the User-Agent string. This is essentially a bug fix: at the moment, these two variables don't behave as expected. Let me know if there's anything I should to to improve this patch! Cheers, Clément.