Hi Jason, I did not test it (right now I am still using email through thunderbird), but this is in my radar and looks promising [1] which is being used here [2], which I found via [3] Cheers, pinmacs [1] https://github.com/telotortium/emacs-oauth2-auto [2] https://github.com/kidd/org-gcal.el [3] https://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html On 2024-07-29 07:19, Jason Vas Dias wrote: > Sorry about even mentioning such horrors as MS-365 and Chrome and > Google WorkSpace and  Oauth2, but > I HAVE to use them for work, unfortunately. > All I want is to be able to Send & Read Email with Emacs & MA-GNUS & > Linux mailx / sendmail, >  that is all I am asking about . > MS-365's Outlook IMAP stopped working because it won't support OAuth2 > , but its SMTP2 works with encrypted password & sendmail config patches ; > Neither Google's IMAP nor its SMTP2 work for non-WorkSpace accounts, > for WorkSpace accounts, SMTP2 with password works until Sept 2024 - > this is what I am trying to handle. > I'd prefer to be able to continue reading & sending email with MA-GNUS > & Emacs, but Google & MS-365 make it ever more difficult. > If I have to support Oauth2 in Emacs, then I'd like to use a single > daemon and Oauth2 proxy for all of Emacs, Chrome, and Firefox, > all of which I MUST use , since only google-chrome-unstable allows me > to ScreenShare with Teams and Firefox Developer Edition is > better for Outlook (doesn't crash) . I am investigating Keycloak , an > open source Oauth2 server ... anyone got Emacs to use an Oauth2 Proxy ? >  Best Regards, > Jason > > On Mon, 29 Jul 2024 at 05:53, Björn Bidar wrote: > > Richard Stallman writes: > > > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider  >   ]]] > > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,  >    ]]] > > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's > example. ]]] > > > >       > Please could anyone recommend any good shared Ouath2 > Daemon that > >       > all of Emacs MA-GNUS / IMAP + sendmail + firefox + chrome + > >       > Google/MS-365 SMTP2+Outh2 could use  ? > > > > Asking for advice about using Google services is off topic for > > emacs-devel.  Asking about support for nonfree programs such as > Chrome > > is worse than merely off topic. > > How is getting OAuth to work offtopic? You seem to overread that that > they were talking about getting OAuth to work and not just about > Google > Authentication or similar. > > Missing OAuth support has been an issue in other cases, e.g. using > Gnus > for work or school. Many institutions restrict the use of their > accounts > to OAuth or even use whitelists. > > Also I want add that we seem to tolerate packages supporting for > non-free services > in Elpa such as those supporting exchange, kinda a double standard. > > Br, > > Björn >