On 02/17/2016 08:49 AM, Chris Feng wrote: >>> * add a frame parameter to frame_parms in frame.c, say "chromeless" >> >> I'd prefer "decorated" as in gtk_window_set-decorated. > > Agree. We call it "decoration" in X almost exclusively. > >>> * add an x_set_chromeless slot in each of frame_parm_handler >>> x_frame_parm_handlers[], frame_parm_handler w32_frame_parm_handlers[], >>> frame_parm_handler ns_frame_parm_handlers[]; for the last two point to 0 for >>> now; for the first one point to a new function x_set_chromeless. >>> * In x-create-frame, add something like >>> x_default_parameter (f, parms, Qchromeless, Qnil, >>> "chromeless", "Chromeless", RES_TYPE_BOOLEAN); > > I don't think we need to make this customizable through X resources, > so the fifth and sixth parameters to x_default_parameter should be > NULL. Thanks. I've attached a rough patch draft (that is, frames are decorated by default, but (make-frame '((decorated . nil))) creates an undecorated frame), which works with --with-x-toolkit=none. >> For X I doubt that it's always possible to add/remove the decorations of >> an existing frame. > > Yes but it may require remapping if it's already mapped. Got it; is this why the attached patch doesn't do anything with Gtk? I looked at the Xlib documentation, but I'm not sure how to check if the window is already mapped, and only remap it in that case. Cheers, Clément.