On 02/16/2016 04:33 PM, Johan Bockgård wrote: > Clément Pit--Claudel writes: > >> Indeed, that's what I'd like. x-show-tip works perfectly for me (it >> supports fonts, faces, etc. properly), expect for the fact that >> updating the tooltip text causes it to be closed and reopened. > > Try this: ... Thanks; this is a very clever trick :) Do you think there's a way to work around the other issue that I pointed out in the very first email of this thread? > (...) there can be at most one tooltip displayed at any > time; this means that we'd break other packages that display > tooltips while completion is ongoing. Examples include > company-quickhelp, which displays documentation for the currently > selected entry next to completion candidates. Cheers, Clément.