On 2/5/16 9:41 AM, Glenn Morris wrote: > David Caldwell wrote: > >>> The autoconf manual says that this is portable to all shells that >>> support functions, so it should be fine, since autogen.sh uses >>> functions. >> >> Sorry, were you referring to "${*-autoconf}" or "${*:-autoconf}" being >> portable? > > I meant that your patch should be fine to apply. > But AFAICS at the next merge from emacs-25 the relevant code will all > disappear anyway. Or there will be a merge conflict. If the merge isn't going to happen today, would you mind installing the patch (I would but I don't have a commit bit)? It's currently causing my automated builds to break. And if I change the builder to pass the "autoconf" flag, then if the code goes away in a merge it might break again tomorrow. > (BTW, please try to put the right version number in the subject. > I thought this report was about the emacs-25 branch, but it seems it > wasn't.) Apologies, I even looked at it twice and thought it was correct. :-) I guess I got confused because of the freeze and the recent version changes. -David