On 02/04/2016 12:07 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> From: Óscar Fuentes >> Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 16:59:18 +0100 >> >> After seeing the case I mentioned (`n' matching `ñ' in Spanish text) >> it is obvious that the feature is not ready for prime time. > > The feature was _designed_ to do this, so it simply works as designed. > It can be turned off if you don't like the results, but saying it > isn't ready based on that is IMO inaccurate, if not incorrect. I agree. Maybe we're just discussing two different features? * One is unicode standard character folding; it's implemented, it works as designed, it has very clear semantics based on a recognized standard, but we're not sure if it should be enabled by default (I'd vote yes). The other is language-dependent character folding; it isn't implemented (though some people think it could reuse some of the architecture used for unicode folding), it doesn't have clear semantics (it's a matter of user-preference, though we might be able to come up with good defaults), and many people would love such a feature. Clément.