Ken Brown wrote: >> I installed the attached patch into the Emacs master, to try to work >> around this problem by putting GCC into C11 mode. Please give it a try. > > No, that didn't fix it. Can you investigate why not? The patch should cause 'configure' to put -stdc=gnu11 into CFLAGS. If you look at config.log, it should have something like this: configure:5924: checking for gcc option to enable C11 features ... configure:6146: result: -std=gnu11 If this isn't the result, what is the result and why? > What about an ad hoc temporary solution that simply defines __ISO_C_VISIBLE to be 2011 on Cygwin prior to the inclusion of ? I'd rather not go that route, as __ISO_C_VISIBLE is supposed to be private. I installed the attached patch instead; please give it a try.