Wolfgang Jenkner wrote: > Thanks, I think patch 5 of my OP (for turning off direct use of mmap for > buffer allocations on FreeBSD) should also be applied. Sorry, I missed that one. I don't recall why it's needed but I'll take your word for it. Done. > /usr/opt/src/emacs-paul-test/src/gmalloc.c:440: undefined reference to `__after_morecore_hook' > ... > /usr/opt/src/emacs-paul-test/src/gmalloc.c:553: undefined reference to `__malloc_initialize_hook' I installed the attached patch to try to fix these; please give it a try.