On 01/18/2016 11:30 AM, John Wiegley wrote: >>>>>> Paul Eggert writes: > >> Thanks for that heads-up. Making the Emacs unexec mechanism more portable >> has been our to-do list for some time, and this will light more of a fire >> under it. We're already under a feature freeze for Emacs 25, though, so >> Emacs 25 will have to go out without the fix (which will be reasonably >> substantial, alas). > > Hi Paul, > > Can you elaborate what unexec has been doing for us up till now, and what > living without it will entail in terms of both technical content and work > required? As long as the ABI support is there, we can keep using the "separate malloc implementation" even if glibc doesn't cooperate by providing convenient headers to access it.