On 01/14/2016 01:01 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Cc: 22344@debbugs.gnu.org >> From: Clément Pit--Claudel >> Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 19:48:38 -0500 >> >> Eli, there's something magical about your debugging abilities. >> I downloaded and compiled the latest master on Windows 8; I could reproduce the bug there. Then I checked out emacs-25 and recompiled, and the bug seems to be gone! Amazing. > > I wish I had such magic, but I don't. It's just a lot of hard work, > that's all. But thank you for your kind words. > >> This is only for my personal curiosity, but would you mind expanding a bit on what the issue was (and how you found out)? I read the commit message and looked at the diff, but I don't think I understood everything from there. Did you have to look at node.js' source code? Would it be helpful for me to file a bug with node.js? > > I'm not entirely sure what caused the issue. From the Emacs side, it > looked like the other end of the pipe wasn't read at all: each time > Emacs called _write, it got the return value of -1 with errno set to > ENOSPC, which means the pipe's buffer is full. No other program with > which I tried the same test case did this. With those other programs, > after a few first attempts which returned -1, _write started to return > positive values, meaning that it succeeded to write some part of the > stuff. > (...) Thanks a lot for the explanations! I've raised an issue with the Node.js people, inviting them to join this discussion if there was interest about fixing this on their side. Cheers, Clément.