On 01/09/2016 11:20 PM, Artur Malabarba wrote: > On Jan 9, 2016 10:51 PM, "Clément Pit--Claudel" > wrote: >> I could: >> * make my package depend on beacon (written by Artur), and use beacon-blink. > > Note that beacon depends on Emacs 24, so I don't know if it would help you. It would be fine :) >> Given the number of re-implementations of that >> feature, maybe this functionality would be a good candidate for an ELPA package? >> I imagine it might be hard to do for xref-pulse-momentarily since core needs it >> (and we don't have core ELPA yet), so maybe beacon-blink? Artur, what do you >> think? > > I'm not sure what you're asking. Beacon is on GNU Elpa, isn't it? Yes, it is. I just wasn't whether it was a good practice to add teh whole beacon as a dependency if I was just going to use the blinking. > As for `xref-pulse-momentarily'... We could make pulse.el available on Gelpa (if it isn't already) without moving it out of core. Gelpa supports that now. I target 24 as well, so pulse.el works very nicely! I just didn't find it initially. Thanks Artur! Clément.