Dear Emanuel, thanks for your answer. Am 29.12.15 schrieb Emanuel Berg: > Johannes Kastl writes: > >> I have a file called 'whatever.spec.in', that >> basically is a rpm spec file. (Technically, the spec >> file is generated from this file). So, I'd like to >> have the nice rpm sh-mode, that my emacs uses for >> files called 'whatever.spec'. > > I know two ways of doing that. Sorry if my question was rather long, but you are answering the part that I already had a solution for. Adding an entry to .emacs to add a hook so sh-mode works. But my main question was, why the local variable "sh-shell: rpm" set in a file does not work... Johannes