all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Should we have a commit size guideline? (was: builds are getting slower?)
@ 2015-12-15 13:48 Artur Malabarba
From: Artur Malabarba @ 2015-12-15 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: David Kastrup; +Cc: emacs-devel

> [Regarding commit 2e84888]
>
> This is a very, very large commit.  It should have been split into
> multiple commits addressing separate issues.

When commiting changes, I usually group them into the smallest
possible commits while still leaving everything in a consistent state
(i.e., not defining a function that's only used in later commits, not
changing a function without making the necessary changes in other
places that call this function). I find that this helps with both
git-bisect and git-revert.

If we have a different policy (maybe we should) I'm happy to adhere.

Cheers,
Artur